Friday, January 31, 2014

Introduction

Welcome, My Friends!  Pull up a seat, grab some popcorn and other noms!  We're going to travel through what will be about 85 years of my movie collection, 1929 to 2013 and hopefully beyond.  That's right, I don't own any silent movies.  (I generally get fidgety when there's no dialogue, although there are exceptions.)  We'll start with the Marx Brothers Paramount movies, which is appropriate because they're probably the first old movies I enjoyed as a kid in the 1970s.

But first, a few words about this blog.  Each entry will have the format
Title
Release date
Studio
Genre(s)
Format (at this point, VHS or DVD, but I'm not ruling out Blue-Ray)
Grade (F- to A+ hypothetically)
Review

Performers, directors, writers, and other contributors will be tagged if I think they're significant.  The films will be in chronological order of release date, as much as possible.  (Bless you, IMDB!)  The "reviewing" is both giving my opinion and viewing again.

OK, roll 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment