Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Sheriff of Fractured Jaw

The Sheriff of Fractured Jaw
March 14, 1959
Fox
Comedy, Western
DVD
D-

I could go on and on about how remarkably unentertaining this is, with its poor writing (including songwriting), direction, and acting (Mansfield's accent is so bad that "loco" sounds like "local"), not to mention the racism against Indians, slightly redeemed towards the end.  I could point out all the things I disliked, with the only things I liked being a too brief Robert Morley cameo and a collie that knows how to play poker.  Or I could compare this to the far from brilliant but still better comedy westerns of 1940 Go West and My Little Chickadee.  But I think this trailer explains things better than I ever could:
http://youtu.be/VyhXwEn9EQs


Unlike Raoul Walsh, at least Tashlin could've done something with the Freudianism.

No comments:

Post a Comment